They are the most successful trio in rock and roll history. I’ve Gotta Get A Message To You, Lonely Days and Jive Talkin’. They have sold more than 110 million records worldwide. Nights On Broadway, Stayin’ Alive and Night Fever. They rank on the all-time, top-sellers list with The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.
More Than A Woman, Emotion and Too Much Heaven. They have had 19 #1 singles over a career that has spanned 5 decades. Tragedy, Guilty and Heartbreaker. Their songs have been recorded by artists from Elvis Presley to Janis Joplin to Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross, as well as some of the music industry’s latest luminaries like Wyclef Jean, Celine Dion, ‘NSYNC and Destiny’s Child.
Now, for the first time, the world will be able to celebrate the musical legacy of the Bee Gees in one definitive 2 CD, 40-track collection, when Universal Records releases “Bee Gees: Their Greatest Hits: The Record” on Tuesday, November 20th. The special set, which includes a 16-page booklet with 5 decades of photos, also contains 4 newly recorded Bee Gees #1’s originally written for other artists including Emotion (Samantha Sang), Heartbreaker (Dionne Warwick), Islands In The Stream (Kenny Rogers with Dolly Parton) and Immortality (Celine Dion). The release will also include the chart topping duet of Guilty with Barbra Streisand, as well as their biggest selling singles from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and the new millennium.
The ultimate collector’s package includes nearly 150 minutes of music that clearly illustrates why the Brothers Gibb have earned the distinction of being pop music’s first family, whose songs have provided the soundtrack to popular culture for several generations. They have withstood the test of time by blazing musical trails, creating a legacy of standards from lush love songs to funky dance grooves, all with the unique Bee Gees vocal signature.
Additional Bee Gees Accolades And Accomplishments Include:
- 7 Grammy Awards and 16 nominations
- Induction into The Rock & Roll and Songwriters Halls Of Fame
- Only songwriters to have 5 simultaneous Top 10 singles
- Wrote and produced 6 straight #1’s
- 7 platinum and 5 multi-platinum singles
- Over 60 charted hit singles with their first #1 in 1966
- Saturday Night Fever is the best selling movie soundtrack ever with 3 #1 hits
- 10 Lifetime Achievement Awards including a Brit Award, American Music Award and World Music Award
- Only artist in history to achieve #1 in UK charts in four decades
- Barry Gibb has produced 14 #1 records making him the third most successful producer of all time.