Tom Petty and his longtime girlfriend, Dana York, were married on June 3 in Las Vegas, following the head Heartbreaker’s two sold-out shows at the Hard Rock Hotel on June 1st and 2nd.
According to Petty’s rep, the musician, his bride and a few close family and friends remained in Sin City for their wedding on Sunday. Following the rather low-key ceremony (no, they were not married by an Elvis impersonator), the rather raucous party of twenty descended on Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in Las Vegas to celebrate.
Petty superfans can even order a copy of the wedding certificate for a mere $7 at www.co.clark.nv.us/recorder/mar_srch.htm by searching under York’s name. The marriage is Petty’s second.
The happy couple will not be taking an extended honeymoon, unless you count the second leg of Petty’s tour, which kicks off on June 27th in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Jackson Browne will be the opening act. After the Heartbreakers winds up the tour in late July, they plan to return to a Los Angeles studio to work on their next album.
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers’ Upcoming Tour Dates:
- June 27 – Scranton, PA, Coors Light Amphitheatre at Montage Mountain
- June 28 – Camden, NJ, Tweeter Waterfront
- June 30 – Washington, DC, Nissan Pavilion at Stoneridge
- July 01 – Holmdel, NJ, PNC Bank Arts Center
- July 04 – Milwaukee, Summerfest at Marcus Amphitheatre
- July 05 – Wantagh, NY, Jones Beach Theatre
- July 07 – Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- July 08 – Boston, Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
- July 10 – Pittsburgh, Post Gazette Pavilion
- July 12 – Clarkston, MI, DTE Energy Music Theatre
- July 14 – Atlanta, GA, HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- July 15 – Nashville, TN, Amsouth Amphitheatre
- July 17 – Columbus, OH, Polaris Amphitheatre
- July 18 – Bonner Springs, KS, Sandstone Amphitheatre
- July 20 – Chicago, Tweeter Center
- July 21 – Indianapolis, Verizon Wireless Music Center