No, Ron Jeremy won’t be emceeing the proceedings and Jenna Jameson won’t be dancing onstage, but Sum 41’s Sum on Your Face Tour will provide select fans an opportunity to see the band’s rock-hard stuff in an up-close and intimate setting.
All dates on the 17-show tour, which begins October 31 in Dallas, have been booked at small clubs and the only way to purchase tickets is through the band’s official Web site, starting Saturday. The mini-tour will hit markets on both coasts as well as the South and the Midwest. The last date will be November 30 in San Diego. Following Sum on Your Face, the band will embark on a major world tour at larger venues.
Sum 41 will be touring to support the release of their third record, Does This Look Infected?, out November 26 (see “Sum 41 Ask, Does This Look Infected?” ).
For vocalist and guitarist Deryck Whibley, being back on the road is what it’s all about.
“I think the rewards come from playing live,” he said. “That’s my favorite part of being in a band – I think that should be everyone’s favorite part of being in a band. I mean, it’s like you’re traveling around, it’s a free vacation, going from city to city, staying in posh hotels and just playing for tons of kids that are supporting you. It’s amazing to see someone other than you like your music.”
Sum On Your Face Tour Dates, According To The Band’s Publicist:
- 10/31 – Dallas, TX – Galaxy
- 11/1 – Houston, TX – Engine Room
- 11/2 – New Orleans, LA – Voodoo Music Festival
- 11/5 – New York, NY – CBGB
- 11/7 – Boston, MA – Bill’s Bar & Lounge
- 11/8 – Boston, MA – Bill’s Bar & Lounge
- 11/9 – Philadelphia, PA – North Star Bar
- 11/10 – Washington DC – Black Cat
- 11/18 – Detroit, MI – Alvin’s
- 11/19 – Chicago, IL – Nevin’s Live
- 11/20 – Chicago, IL – Nevin’s Live
- 11/21 – Minneapolis, MN – Ascot Room
- 11/24 – Salt Lake City, UT – X-Scape
- 11/26 – Pomona, CA – The Glass House
- 11/27 – Los Angeles, CA – Troubadour
- 11/29 – Tempe, AZ – Big Fish Pub
- 11/30 – San Diego, CA – Epicenter