With their new disc, Sum 41 have made it clear that they’re more mature and a little more metal. Trading in their pop-punk roots for some crunchier riffs is one thing, but for one performance The Sums are going gangsta and trying their hand at rap.
The Ajax foursome have accepted an offer to act as the back up band for Ludacris on Saturday Night Live, but while that may sound pretty exciting, the gig forces the group to shuffle around some shows on their upcoming tour.
The result of Sum 41 joining the rapper to perform his single “Get Back,” on January 22, is that concerts scheduled for Calgary and Winnipeg have been pushed back and their Regina date has been zapped.
Tickets for the rescheduled shows will still be accepted on the new dates. Ticket holders for the Regina show should contact Ticketmaster for refunds.
The new Sum 41 schedule is as follows:
- January 15 Quebec City, QC – Centre De Fiore
- January 16 Ottawa, ON – Congress Centre
- January 18 Thunder Bay, ON – Community Auditorium
- January 23 Calgary, AB – Sun Centre
- January 24 Red Deer, AB – Enmax
- January 25 Edmonton, AB – Shaw Conference Centre
- January 28 Kelowna, BC – Prospera Place
- January 30 Winnipeg, MN – Burton Cummings Theatre
- February 2 Barrie, ON – Molson Centre
- February 3 Toronto, ON – The Docks
- February 4 Toronto, ON – The Docks
- February 5 London, ON – John Labatt Centre
- February 7 Sherbrooke – Grenada Theatre
- February 8 Antigonish – Millennium Centre
- February 10 St. John’s, NF – Mile One Stadium
- February 12 Moncton, NB – Moncton Coliseum
- February 13 St. John, NB – Harbour Station
- February 26 Tokyo, Japan – Saitama Arena
- February 27 Tokyo, Japan – Saitama Arena
- March 1 Sapporo, Japan – Zepp
- March 2 Sapporo, Japan – Zepp
- March 3 Nagoya, Japan – Rainbow Hall
- March 4 Osaka, Japan – Jo Hall
- March 6 Fukuoka, Japan – Zepp