Iggy Pop, the undisputed godfather of punk, is slated to release another blistering sonic assault in July. Entitled “Beat ‘Em Up,” the album is a return to form for the astonishingly ageless Pop, whose last release was 1999’s “Avenue B.”
“Beat ‘Em Up,” to be released from Virgin Records America, was produced by Iggy, and engineered by Danny Kader. Joining Iggy are Whitey Kirst (guitar), Alex Kirst (drums), Pete Marshall (guitar) and Lloyd “Mooseman” Roberts (bass). Sadly, Mooseman, formerly of Body Count, was murdered in a drive-by shooting this past winter. Pete Marshall will take over bass duties for Iggy’s upcoming live dates.
Following a handful of U.S. dates this Spring, Iggy will play several European festivals, before returning to the U.S. for a tour. Dates and cities for that tour are still TBA.
European Festival Dates
- July 7 – Solidays Festival – France
- July 8 – Eurokeennes Festival – France
- August 15 – Rock Oz ‘Arenes – Switzerland
- August 24 – Reading Festival – England
- August 25 – Leeds Festival – England
- August 26 – Glasgow Green – Scotland