Honda has chosen an unlikely trio of designers to add some style to the popular Civic model – poppy punk act Blink-182.
The band will kick off the nine-stop first leg of its Civic Tour 2001 on April 30 in Seattle, and accompanying the group members will be a “Blink-182 Civic,” which they will design themselves.
After three West Coast shows, the band will jump across the country for six more concerts on the East Coast. Tickets for these shows will become available April 14, and more dates will be announced later this month.
Honda, the tour’s sponsor, is also staging contests to allow fans to meet the band, and to win the customized car, at the tour Web site, civictour.com.
Blink-182’s latest album – The Mark, Tom, & Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back) – featured live material from the extensive touring behind the trio’s quadruple-platinum breakthrough, 1999’s Enema of the State.
The tour announcement comes as the band is preparing material for an as-yet-untitled studio album.
Blink-182 Tour Dates:
- April 30, 1 – Seattle, Washington – Paramount Theatre
- May 1, 1 – San Francisco, California – The Warfield
- May 2, 1 – Los Angeles, California – Hollywood Palladium
- May 4, 1 – New York, New York – Roseland Ballroom
- May 5, 1 – Boston, Massachusetts – Palladium
- May 6, 1 – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – The Electric Factory
- May 7, 1 – Washington, D.C. – September 30 – Club
- May 9, 1 – Chicago, Illinois – Riviera Theatre
- May 10, 1 – Atlanta, Georgia – Center Stage