The pairing of unabashed riff mongers Queens of the Stone Age and… And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead should make for a show that falls somewhere between rock and a harder place.
The bands are scheduled to hit the road together beginning August 30 in Washington, D.C., according to an Interscope spokesperson. Thirteen shows have been confirmed thus far, ending with September 21 in Columbia, Missouri. Additional dates will be added to the itinerary that will take the trek into October.
… Trail of Dead will support Josh Homme and the boys on all dates with the exception the September 9 stop in Detroit.
Following their performance at the Fuji Rock Festival in Niigata, Japan, Queens of the Stone Age have a month off before they take to the streets to promote their latest album, Songs for the Deaf, due August 27. A video for the LP’s first single, “No One Knows,” was filmed in late June in New York with director Michel Gondry (Radiohead, BjÃ¶rk) and is expected to surface next month.
… Trail of Dead, meanwhile, are continuing to support Source Tags & Codes, which came out in February.
Queens Of The Stone Age Tour Itinerary, According To Interscope Records (Additional Dates Will Be Announced Later):
- 8/30 – Washington, DC – 9:30 Club
- 8/31 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
- 9/1 – Boston, MA – Avalon
- 9/3 – Providence, RI – Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel
- 9/6 – Pittsburgh, PA – Club Laga
- 9/7 – Toronto, ON – Kool Haus
- 9/9 – Detroit, MI – State Theatre – without… Trail of Dead
- 9/10 – Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre
- 9/12 – Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall
- 9/15 – Chicago, IL – Riviera Theatre
- 9/17 – Milwaukee, WI – The Rave
- 9/20 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
- 9/21 – Columbia, MO – Blue Note