Fatboy Slim and Gorillaz took home top honors with three wins each, including best pop clip and the Maximum Vision Award, respectively, during Billboard’s 23rd annual 2001 Music Video Awards.
Gorillaz’s “Clint Eastwood” garnered the distinguished award for a video that advances an artist’s career, as well as new rap/hip-hop artist and new modern rock artist clip honors.
Fatboy Slim’s “Weapon of Choice” also claimed prizes for dance clip and modern rock clip.
Craig David scored two wins, including new R&B artist clip for “Fill Me In,” which tied with Motown singer India.Arie’s “Video.” The director of the year honor went to Paul Hunter.
The ceremony, held Friday at the Beverly Hilton, was hosted by British pop trio BBMak. The winners were chosen based on the votes of Billboard readers.
A Complete List Of Winners Follows:
- Best Pop Clip – “Weapon of Choice” Fatboy Slim
- Best Pop New Artist Clip – “I’m Like a Bird” Nelly Furtado
- Best Contemporary Christian Clip – “Coming Back Home” Bebe Winans f/ Joe and Brian McKnight
- Best Contemporary Christian New Artist Clip – “Angels in Waiting” Tammy Cochran
- Best Rap/Hip-Hop Clip – “Let Me Blow Ya Mind” Eve f/ Gwen Stefani
- Best Rap/Hip-Hop New Artist Clip – “Clint Eastwood” Gorillaz
- Best Hard Rock Clip – “Jaded” Aerosmith
- Best Hard Rock New Artist Clip – “Bodies” Drowning Pool
- Best Dance Clip – “Weapon of Choice” Fatboy Slim
- Best Dance New Artist Clip – “Fill Me In” Craig David
- Best Latin Clip – “She Bangs” Ricky Martin
- Best Latin New Artist Clip – “Nadie Como Tu” Shalim
- Best Country Clip – “If My Heart Had Wings” Faith Hill
- Best Country New Artist Clip – “What I Really Meant to Say” Cyndi Thomson
- Best R&B Clip – “Contagious” Isley Brothers
- Best R&B New Artist Clip ***TIE – “Video” India.Arie and “Fill Me In” Craig David
- Best Modern Rock Clip – “Weapon of Choice” Fatboy Slim
- Best Modern Rock New Artist Clip – “Clint Eastwood” Gorillaz
- Best Adult Contemporary Clip – “Again” Lenny Kravitz
- Best Adult Contemporary New Artist Clip – “Follow Me” Uncle Kracker
- Director of the Year – Paul Hunter
- Maximum Vision – “Clint Eastwood” Gorillaz